Job Title: Line Worker
Reports To: Production Supervisor
The Line Worker will perform a variety of routine tasks in a production line environment such as making boxes, packaging, sorting and casing product.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment used in bottling product.
- Check bottles and labels for accuracy and quality.
- Perform daily duties relevant to the bottling, labeling, closures application, weighing, packing, and/or stacking stations as assigned.
- Coordinate with Line Tender to achieve daily line assignment production efficiency.
- Notify station Line Tender of any issues affecting quality and efficiency.
- Perform all duties as required in the Stay Safe Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with Goodwin Company Checks and Balances.
- Hands-on or cumulative work experience may substitute for formal training.
- 6 months experience working in manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred.
- Well-organized, results driven, energetic team player with excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skill & ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a self-starter and able to execute job task with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and simple mechanics.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to lift 35-45 lbs
- Work in compliance with the Quality Policy, company objectives and ISO 9001:2008 guidelines to ensure that all work is done to the highest standard of quality.
- Keep work areas neat and organized.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Understand safety, quality and production measurements and how employees affect them.
- Understand and follow all ISO procedures and work instructions that apply to your job.
- Work in compliance with the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Policy, company objectives, and ISO 14001 guidelines to ensure continuous improvement, pollution prevention, and regulatory compliance.
- Understand how YOUR work affects the environment: 1) Do NOT pour chemicals or hazardous liquids down the drain. 2) Do NOT place corrugate cardboard in the trash; it will be taken to the cardboard baler and recycled. 3) Do NOT litter; place trash in a waste can or dumpster.
- Understand and follow the ISO 14001 procedures and work instructions that apply to YOUR job.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The above job description may be changed at the discretion of Goodwin Company upper management at any time.