Job Title: Line Tender
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Goodwin is looking for an experienced Line Tender for a family owned liquid bottling company. Goodwin provides a range of contract services including Chemical Blending, Chemical Bulk Handling, Customer and Technical Services, Product Fulfillment and Warehousing. Our company caters to businesses in the Automotive Appearance, Automotive Additive, Household Cleaners, and Industrial Cleaners industries.
If you are the right person for the job, you’ll join a group who never loses sight of our vision. You will be working on the production floor, in our manufacturing facility in Lawrenceville GA, where you will utilize your expertise to make recommendations to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
The Production Line Tender is responsible for meeting production volume goals, quality output, production line efficiency, line replenishment of bottles, caps, triggers, corrugate, etc… You will lead and train a team of 6-12 employees on specific production lines and are responsible for overall output produced per day.
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications below to be considered:
· Must have mechanical knowledge of industrial equipment, preferably liquid filling machines, label machines, cappers and other related liquid filling production equipment.
· Able to use basic hand tools and pneumatic tools.
· Current experience in equipment setups, change overs and tooling related to liquid filling or similar industrial equipment.
· Complete understanding of Lock Out/Tag Out procedures and able to explain/train direct reports. Must be able to explain all 4 parts of a lock out and what tooling is used to lock out equipment.
· Ability to perform minor repairs on production equipment, example: replace belts, broken bolts, conveyors, etc…
· Basic math skills
· Must be able to trouble shoot basic and common machinery malfunctions.
· Familiar with inventory systems.
· Able to read and understand work orders, high attention to detail.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
· Forklift experience a plus.
· The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years working in a liquid filling company or similar industrial manufacturing facility.
· 2 yrs team lead or higher position, experience in leading team of 5-15 employees.
· Has been responsible for production efficiency and understands the impact of low efficiency, low product output.