The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate and stack material. The operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Maintain forklift operating efficiency by completing daily forklift inspection checklist, reporting maintenance issues to Department Manager, and making recommendations for improvements.
• Verify that the quality of the product sent outbound meets customer expectations.
• Verify Bill of Lading accuracy upon completion of unloading at dock and sign drivers out.
• Coordinate with Department Manager on Bill of Lading discrepancies.
• Maintain organized, clean, safe, and efficient areas as assigned.
• Implement strategic initiatives as directed.
• Assist in packaging finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling).
• Perform all duties as required in the Stay Safe Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
• Coordinate with all departments and personnel as needed.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with Goodwin Company Checks and Balances.
Hands-on or cumulative work experience may substitute for formal training.
• 6 months experience working in manufacturing or warehouse operating a forklift preferred.
• Well-organized, results driven, energetic team player with excellent communication skills
• Excellent time management skill & ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be a self-starter and able to execute job task with limited supervision.
• Knowledge of basic hand tools and simple mechanics.
• Must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
• Must be able to lift 35-45 lbs
Goodwin Company is family-owned and operated with over 92 years of experience providing liquid packing services. Our packing services include the production and distribution of retail Liquid packaging and bulk liquid packaging products for the Automotive Appearance, Automotive Additive, Household Cleaners, and Industrial Cleaners industries. We specialize in the production and distribution of existing product lines, as well as new product launches.